Pricing & Payments FAQ
Entering a card to pay directly through our secure checkout is probably the easiest way to enter a shipping address different than a billing address. To start just click on "Proceed to Checkout" in the shopping cart. Complete the shipping information page and click next, then on the payment page, uncheck "My billing and shipping address are the same" box, enter the billing address, and click the adjacent UPDATE button. Complete the payment information and click the "Place Order" button. If the card was accepted an order confirmation page with the order number will immediately appear.
If the card was declined, an error message along with the reason will appear in a pink box at the top of the page. If the "Place Order" button is not active, verify that you clicked on the update billing address button and checked the box to agree to our Terms and Conditions.
We want all our products to be a great value so we present our lowest price everyday to everyone and we are proud of our five-star quality customer service. As much as we would like to have additional discounts for divemasters, instructors, first responders, military personnel, and groups, our prices are already as low as possible.
You also never have to "call for best price." In a few cases, where dive equipment manufacturers prevent us from showing you our price in the U.S. below their specified fixed minimum amount (known as a Minimum Advertised Price or MAP), you may see a lower "in-store" price in our shopping cart if you first Register and/or Sign In to your DGX customer account on our website.
Once you Sign In to your free DGX customer account, our prices are the same good value whether you shop online, our physical location, or call us. You may order with confidence that you haven't missed any discounts, coupons or promo codes.
If your card number is being rejected as invalid or declined, there are several possibilities:
- If the card information was automatically entered by your browser "auto-fill", try manually deleting any auto-filled information from the fields and then manually typing in all the digits only without any spaces or other characters.
- The three or four digit security code entered must match the card you are using.
- The billing address, especially the postal code, must be entered exactly as it appears on your card statement.
- If your card was not issued by a US bank, it must be enabled for international transactions in US Dollars.
Assuming all of the above is correct, a decline is usually from your bank or card issuer for security or funding reasons. You will need to call your bank or card issuer (their phone number is on the back of your card) to inquire further. If you have more than one card, trying with a different card will often work around the problem. If you are still having problems, please contact us directly.
The reason is usually a security or funding issue. Those issues are outside our control, you will need to resolve the trouble by communicating directly with them or your bank. Errors in the shipping address can also cause problems with checkout using online payment gateways.
The quick solution to checkout problems with these online payment gateways is to complete your Dive Gear Express order by choosing "Secure Checkout" using your card. Entering your payment information on our website is as secure as these other payment methods, plus it allows alternate shipping address options.
Yes, but you must have your own DGX account already registered and signed in to enable the Zelle payment option:
- Please Create an Account or Sign In to our website; then shop as usual.
- Select "Proceed to Checkout" to begin Checkout process.
- Choose ACH via Zelle payment method, then Place Order as normal.
- Wait until you receive the order confirmation email before making payment.
- Using Zelle, pay the exact amount of Grand Total $ in your order confirmation email. In the memo field please write your Order Number.
- Make payment to:
Dive Gear Express LLC
Once our bank confirms receipt of funds (typically real-time within minutes of your payment), your order will be released.
Yes, but you must have your own DGX account already registered and signed in to enable the wire transfer payment option:
- Please Create an Account or Sign In to our website; then shop as usual.
- Select "Secure Checkout" to begin Checkout process.
- Choose Bank Wire Transfer payment method.
- Place Order as normal.
When we begin processing your order, we will send you an email with our banking information you will need to arrange an electronic payment from your bank to ours. Once our bank confirms receipt of funds, your order will be released.
When placing a new order, our fulfillment staff is not automatically alerted to the availability of store merchandise credit. To redeem your store merchandise credit please follow these instructions:
- Select "Secure Checkout" with a debit or credit card as the payment method. DO NOT checkout with any other method such as PayPal because they would charge your account in full before we have an opportunity to apply the store merchandise credit.
- Use the same e-mail address as the one that was previously issued a store merchandise credit.
- Use the Order Comments dialog box during checkout to write a request we apply your store merchandise credit to this order and include the words "Store Credit" in your message.
- Complete the new order as normal. Your store merchandise credit will be applied to the merchandise on your order. Your card will be used to collect the remaining balance along with sales tax and shipping charge, if any of those are applicable.
Store merchandise credit may only be redeemed for merchandise and can not be used to pay for sales taxes or shipping charges. Store merchandise credit is not transferable and expires two years after date of issue. Store merchandise credit has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Your card number and other card details are never actually recorded at anytime by our website. When entering your card information, only a special "token" is recorded by our card payment processor, Braintree Payments (a PayPal service.) However, the token itself never contains your complete card number or other card details. When you also ask our website to "save" your payment information, all that is being stored is the token, which can only be used for purchases at Dive Gear Express.
Of course, even though your Dive Gear Express account and saved payment method can only be used to purchase from us, you still must take precautions to protect the password for your Dive Gear Express account. Please choose a strong password that you use exclusively for our website and no other.
Although we issue refunds promptly, bank card refund transactions are normally much slower to appear on activity summaries than charge transactions. Refunds issued to a credit card transaction typically post to your account within 3-5 business days. Refunds issued to a pin-less debit card transaction can take 10 business days to reflect on the account balance. These time frames may vary from one financial institution to another.
We do NOT collect Florida sales tax on orders we ship via licensed common carrier (USPS, UPS, DHL) to any address outside the State of Florida, USA. Otherwise, on tangible goods we must collect the sales tax appropriate for the delivery address.
If you wish to place an order to be delivered inside Florida for resale or use by a tax-exempt organization, please see our Florida Sales Tax Exemption instructions page.
All Dive Gear Express prices and financial transactions are in United States Dollars (USD or US $). The financial institution associated with the method you used to fund payment will perform any required currency exchange at the rate they choose to establish.
Dive Gear Express does use an online service to optionally display individual prices on our website in different currencies. This service is only a guide, because our prices in currencies other than US $ are approximations and your financial institution will set their own exchange rate. Prices in AUD also include a 10% GST. Prices in GBP and EUR also include a 20% estimate for VAT.