Dive Gear Express Privacy Statements
In this privacy statement we describe Dive Gear Express's practices for collecting, storing, using, and disclosing the personal (and other) information that we may obtain about you. By using or accessing our Site, or otherwise doing business with Dive Gear Express, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure practices described in this privacy statement. This privacy statement applies to all websites and mobile applications linking to or posting this statement and that are operated by Dive Gear Express, LLC or any of its divisions or affiliates (collectively "Dive Gear Express", "we", "us" and "our"). Each and all such website and mobile applications are referred to in this privacy statement as our "Site".
Information We Collect Through the Site
- Online Purchases and Other Financial Transactions. When you make a purchase or engage in any other financial transaction on our Site, you will be asked to provide information necessary to facilitate the transaction, such as your credit card or debit card number, associated security code, telephone number, billing address, email address, and shipping address.
- Registration. In connection with your registration or other interaction online, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and date of birth or age and to generate a user name and password.
- Sign-Up for Emails, Newsletters or Other Correspondence. If you sign up on our Site to receive email communications, newsletters, or other correspondence from us, you may be asked to provide us with your name, email address, and/or mailing address, along with other information related to your subscription or correspondence.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Other Promotions. We may collect information about you when you participate in a promotion that we sponsor, such as a contest or sweepstakes (which we may sponsor alone or co-sponsor with one or more third parties). To participate in one of our promotions, you may be asked to provide your name and your email address, mailing address and/or other contact information. For some promotions, we may request other information about you as well. Note that your participation will be subject to the official rules of the promotion (as well as this privacy statement and the privacy statements of any co-sponsors).
- Interactive Forums. You and other users may be allowed to post comments and other content on certain portions of our Site, such as a review, on a discussion board, blog or other interactive forum. We may collect any information that you or another user posts about you on our Site, including personal information about you, and it may be available to all users who have access to the Site. Please keep this in mind when considering what information to post to our Site.
- Social Networking Activities. Our Site may include the ability for you and other users to link to one or more social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter). We may receive information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about us on any of these social networking platforms. Note that any information that you or others post to a social networking platform will be accessible by any users of such platform, subject to its terms of service and privacy statement.
- Social Sign-In. Our Site may incorporate functionality enabling you to sign-on using your login information from a social networking platform, in lieu of creating a new login account specifically for the Site. If we incorporate such functionality and you use it to sign into our Site, we may collect information about you from the social networking platform such as your contact information.
- Usage Data. When you use or access any of our Site, we may collect certain usage data generated by your activities on the Site, including your purchasing history, pages viewed, number of bytes transferred, hyperlinks clicked, and other actions you take on our Site. Our Site may also track the URL that you visited before you come to the Site, the URL to which you next go, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address or mobile device identifier.
- Location Data. Our Site may collect information about your location, such as the approximate location of your IP address. Unless you provide us with your permission, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you.
- Third-Party Integrated Services. We may incorporate third-party ads and other third-party content on our Site, and integrate other third-party offerings into the Site, enabling certain such third parties to collect information about you or your online activities across other websites and over time through your use of our Site. Any information collected through such integrated technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use by such third parties and other authorized parties, subject to the privacy policies of those other parties.
- Online Inquiries and Correspondence. When you submit an inquiry or otherwise correspond through our Site, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and/or other personal information to us.
We may keep indefinitely the information about you collected through our Site.
How We Use Information Collected Through Our Site
We may use information about you collected through our Site for a variety of commercial purposes. Without limitation, we may use such information to:
- administer and improve our Site and businesses;
- promote our products and services to you, as well as the products and services of our affiliates;
- promote (and enable the promotion of) third-party products and services to you that we think you may find of interest;
- deliver email communications, newsletters, and other correspondence to which you subscribe;
- communicate with you about our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- conduct other marketing activities;
- communicate with you regarding your membership in one of our programs and facilitate the functioning of our programs; and
- respond to your inquiries and other correspondence, or request that you provide feedback to us.
When Information We Collect Through Our Site May Be Disclosed to Third Parties
We disclose to third parties the personal (or other) information collected about you through our Site either (i) when we have your permission to do so or (ii) in any of the following situations (without your permission):
- We may share the information collected about you within the Dive Gear Express company, which means we may disclose the information collected about you to our affiliates (subject to the terms of this privacy statement).
- We may disclose the information collected about you to our third-party contractors and partners in connection with their performing services or other activities in support of the Site and/or our businesses, or their completing or confirming on our behalf a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us.
- As noted above, information about you collected by third-party ads, content or technologies integrated with our Site may be disclosed to such third parties.
- We may disclose the results of aggregated data about you and other users of our Site without restriction. In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you.
- We may disclose to one or more third parties the information collected about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of any of the assets or business of Dive Gear Express and/or of any of our affiliates. Please note that the entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions may not comply with all of the terms of this privacy statement.
- We may disclose information about you to the government or to other third parties to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity associated with the Site or our business. We reserve the right to release information collected through any of the Site to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
Security Measures for Information Collected Through Our Site
To help protect the privacy of information collected through our Site, we employ security measures that are intended to be consistent with industry practices. In addition, we take commercially reasonable steps to store such information with the objective of protecting such data against unauthorized access. Notwithstanding the foregoing, please be aware that our Site are operated on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, experience breaches of security or other problems beyond our control and that may compromise the security of information collected about you.
How to Correct or Update Information About You Collected Through Our Site
You may correct or update information collected about you through our Site by contacting us at the email or mailing address noted at the end of this privacy statement below, or (if available) by editing your information and preferences on the "My Account" page. You may also unsubscribe to any email subscriptions by following the applicable "unsubscribe" link. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to update our files to reflect your request as promptly as possible.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
At this time, our Site does not support "Do Not Track" preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. Specifically, if you turn on the Do Not Track setting on your browser, our Site is not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
Transfer of Data from Outside the United States
If you use our Site from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you through the Site will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of data about you into the United States, as well as the processing of such data in the United States.
Our Site is not designed to appeal to persons under 13 years old ("children"). We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children through our Site. If we learn that any unauthorized personal information of a child has been collected, we will take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided any such personal information to us, then you may contact us at the email or mailing address noted at the end of this privacy statement below and request that we delete that information from our systems.
Privacy Policies of any Linked Websites or Other Parties
This privacy statement only addresses Dive Gear Express's practices for the personal (and other) information that we may obtain about you through the Site. Please be aware that when you use or access our Site, you may be directed to other websites that are beyond our control, and Dive Gear Express is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties or the content of other websites.