Shearwater - Teric
Diving watches have traditionally been perceived as being less capable or having poorer information display as a result of compromises for size; that's no longer true with the recent introduction of the Shearwater Teric dive computer.
- Shearwater Research Teric with Bezel/Strap Color ChoiceStarting at $1095.00
- Shearwater Teric Special EditionStarting at $1139.00
- Shearwater Research Teric Blue Camo Nylon Strap KitAs low as $30.00
- Shearwater Elastic Strap Kit$20.00
- Shearwater Teric Strap Pin$10.00
- DGX Padded Storage Bag$19.95
Differences of Teric vs Perdix Dive Computers
Diving watches have traditionally been perceived as being less capable or having poorer information display as a result of compromises for size; that's no longer true with the introduction of the Shearwater Teric dive computer.
Other than the obvious difference of the wrist-watch form factor, the Teric includes several features not found found on the Perdix:
- AMOLED display - vivid, bright colors that offers exceptional readability underwater along with a user configurable Big Layout display setting to enable larger fonts that can eliminate the need for "gauge readers".
- Haptic (vibration) and audible alarms - can be disabled to minimize annoyance.
- Scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal display window - along with an elegant and durable stainless steel bezel with PVD coating in a choice of several colors.
- Four button situation adaptable logic menus - also configure one of the buttons to give you one press access to certain dive or watch tools like compass, stopwatch, deco planner, log tagging, etc.
- Wrist bands - many color options are available from Shearwater and standard 22 mm watch strap size makes many 3rd party options available. DGX also offers a Depth Compensating Slide Release wrist band preferred by many divers wearing heavy exposure suits.
- Wireless rechargeable battery – users have no need to open the body thus reducing chances of flooding. This also eliminates the risk of damage from a depleted primary battery that begins to leak acid.
- Timepiece mode - the Teric can be comfortably worn as a stylish daily timepiece with a selection of watch faces.
Recent decompression research has called in to question the practice of "deep stops" and Shearwater Research does not recommend the use of the VPM algorithm. The Teric only supports the proven Bühlmann ZHL-16c algorithm with configurable Gradient Factors and does not offer support for the alternative VPM algorithm. The Petrel and Perdix models currently continue to support VPM as an extra cost optional alternative.