What USPS and UPS service levels offer carrier money-back delivery date guarantees?
Carrier money-back delivery date guarantees are available for US Postal Service - USPS Priority Mail Express® and United Parcel Service - UPS Next Day Air® domestic US services. Regardless, estimated delivery dates are based on "best effort" services by the carriers and there is never certainty they will be able to deliver by their estimated date, even for these two expedited services.
Keep in mind the carriers are not promising to deliver on-time, they only offer a refund of monies paid for shipping if their guaranteed service does not deliver on-time due to circumstances within their control. If carrier tracking indicates the first attempt to deliver your package was later than the delivery estimate for these two services only, contact Dive Gear Express within one week of delivery to claim a refund of your paid shipping fee.
The carrier money-back guarantee of on-time delivery does not apply when the delay is due to circumstances beyond their control as determined solely by the carrier, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Disruptions in the air or ground transportation networks, such as weather phenomena and natural disasters
- Emergency situations, such as transportation accidents
- Public authority exercising statutory powers, such as police or fire department
- Riots or civil commotion, strikes or other labor disputes
- Force majeure or acts of God