DGX Gears D6 Regulator
These DGX Custom regulator packages are fully assembled and integrated by Dive Gear Express using our DGX Gears D6 first and second stage regulators together with our premium quality hoses, gauges, adapters, stainless steel hardware and other regulator accessories.
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 RegulatorAs low as $299.00
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 Streamlined OW Reg PackageStarting at $449.00
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 Single Tank Reg PackageStarting at $449.00
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 Doubles Reg PackageStarting at $599.00
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 Sidemount Reg PackageStarting at $699.00
- DGX Custom - DGX Gears D6 Stage Reg PackageStarting at $349.00
- DGX Gears D6 1st Stage Regulator$190.00
- DGX Gears D6 2nd Stage Regulator$125.00
- Service Kit - DGX Gears D6 RegulatorsSelect Kit to See Price
Piston vs Diaphragm... Does it really matter?
At the risk of annoying those who do have a preference for a specific type of first stage design, the simple answer for most divers is NO the design type of the first stage does not matter. Piston type first stages are simpler designs with a lower parts count and thus generally considered to be more reliable. Environmentally sealed diaphragm type regulators are generally considered better suited to diving in near freezing temperatures. Keep in mind that much of the opinion often heard expressed is a result of theoretical considerations or manufacturer marketing, not based on the actual characteristics of modern scuba regulators. Today, both piston and diaphragm first stages are very reliable and high performance balanced versions of both designs can flow more gas than the diver can breathe.