DGX Gears SoftPack BCD Package
DGX Gears SoftPack BCD Package
- Backpack style BCD features soft backplate with single tank wing
- Comfortable well padded back, shoulders and waist
- Includes our DGX Gears "Top Seller" Accessories: S1 Singles Wing, Weight Pockets, and S/S Tank Straps
- Choice of three sizes with wide range of adjustability in shoulders, waist and crotch
- SoftPack package ships fully assembled
The very comfortable DGX Gears SoftPack package is an excellent value harness and wing style back-inflation BCD that includes a well padded soft backplate integrated with well padded shoulder and waist straps along with a DGX Gears S1 Wing, two tank straps (no STA required) and two utility weight pockets. This backpack style BCD is well suited to travel and warm water single tank diving.
SoftPack BCD Package Includes:
- DGX Gears SoftPack Harness in your choice of size
- DGX Gears S1 Singles Wing w/16-inch corrugated inflation assembly and plain elbow
- Two DGX Gears Tank Straps w/stainless cam buckles
- Two DGX Gears Utility Weight Pockets, in your choice of 8 or 12 lb capacity
- Package ships assembled, unless otherwise requested
Choice of Three Sizes to Fit Most Adults: The Large and X-Large size have the same 18-inch long soft backplate, and differ only in the length of the shoulder padding. The Small has a shorter 16-inch long backplate with proportionately shorter shoulder pads. The waist straps and crotch strap on all the sizes are very generous and not normally a concern for sizing. There is considerable adjustability in the shoulder straps, so sizing is not critical. Size the harness based on your preference for a US adult men's t-shirt size (use next larger t-shirt size for reference if wearing thick wetsuit):
- Choose the Small size harness if you wear an x-small or small size t-shirt
- Choose the Large size harness if you wear a medium or large size t-shirt
- Choose the X-Large size harness if you wear an x-large or xx-large size t-shirt
- If you have an exceptionally short or long torso, then the sizes available in this harness may not be appropriate
recommend this product
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THE FOLLOWING PRODUCT(S)
Will back inflation float an unconscious diver face up?
We usually hear this from divers who have always worn a jacket style BC, and we'd like to point out that it's irrelevant. It's true, the US Coast Guard requires an approved wearable Personal Floatation Device (PFD) to float the unconscious victim face up in the water. But a Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) for scuba divers is not designed to be a PFD for an unconscious boating accident victim, regardless if the BC is jacket or back inflation. We only offer back inflation style because experienced divers have learned the harness, backplate and wing BCD is better than a jacket BCD, offering very precise control of buoyancy and trim as well as offering a more streamlined profile. An improperly fit back inflation BCD might cause you to tip forward, but a properly fit harness worn with a crotch strap will allow you to assume and hold any position under the water or on the surface.
When on the surface, divers unfamiliar with back inflation will need to break the habit of holding down the power inflator until they feel squeeze (there won't be any) or hear the OPV release. With an over inflated aircell they will have a huge amount of buoyancy on their back, causing them to float too high in the water and tip forward. Instead, they should add only enough gas until their head is just above the water.