Dive Rite Nomad LS Sidemount BC
Dive Rite Nomad LS Sidemount BC
- Complete dedicated sidemount system
- 'One size fits all' design that can be adjusted to fit
- Aircell constructed of rugged SuperFabric® material
- Streamlined for optimal buoyancy and trim position
- Includes crotch strap and adjustable bungee system
The next evolution in Nomad Sidemount has come with the introduction of the Nomad LS Sidemount System. The Nomad LS builds on its "L" series predecessors to be the most streamline and capable system in the family. The extremely durable exterior SuperFabric™ material is resistant to the elements of diving, whether diving on a quiet reef, pushing deep into a cave system, or scooting through a deck opening on a wreck dive. With the inflator and exhaust valves placed at the front/inside of the wing and not on the exterior, the valves are safe and free from exposure.
With 35 lbs (15.8 kg) of lift and a low profile design, the Nomad LS performs in all levels of sidemount diving. With additional lift typically needed toward the lower back when sidemounting, the combination of its diamond shape and contour of the bladder create this lift achieving the optimum trim. A unique zero lift baffle at the top of the wing allows for air travel to the top dump, but prevents an air bubble from forming.
A deluxe-style webbing harness using pivot rings on the shoulders provides a comfortable and customizable fit for nearly any size diver. The SuperFabric™ shoulder strap pads provide added durability from abrasions along with a channel on the left shoulder strap for the exhaust valve’s pull dump cord allowing for easy access. The cross-chest strap and a 2-inch (5 cm) padded crotch strap holds the harness securely in place, preventing unwanted shifting or movement of the harness no matter what type of diving you’re doing. The harness on the LS is removable if it needs to be replaced in the future.
With the valves on the front/inside of the wing, the corrugated inflator hose routes from the bottom/right of the wing up the diver’s side and secures to the chest, shoulder strap D-ring with a bungee loop for easy access. A second dump valve is located at the bottom, left corner of the wing. With the versatility of the Nomad LS and the ability to customize to your preference, the corrugated inflator hose and left-side dump valve can be used on either side of the wing by simply unscrewing each valve and swapping positions. With a third dump valve located at the top/inside of the wing with a pull cord routed down the left shoulder strap, there are multiple, easy access points to vent air from the wing with either hand. An optional 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) lift-capacity bailout bladder is available for divers needing a redundant source of buoyancy.
The Nomad LS includes Dive Rite's Adjustable Bungee System, which allows for easy length adjustment to fit any diver without needing to tie knots. The Adjustable Bungee System also allows a diver to use any bungee configuration they desire, including: ring bungee, loop bungee with snap, and loop bungee. A set of chokers are included for divers using Dive Rite's ring bungee and choker method. The butt plate, made of reinforced nylon to provide the proper amount of rigidity to hold tanks in position and eliminate sag along with two stainless steel rails, provides the lower attachment point for cylinders.
Nomad LS Features:
- 35 lbs (15.8 kg) of lift
- SuperFabric armored outer panel
- Deluxe-style webbing harness
- Inflator hose routed from the bottom of the wing
- 2 OPVs, one at the top of the wing and one on the bottom opposite the inflator
- Low profile buttplate
- Optional 10 lb (4.5 kg) lift bailout bladder
- Optional spine weight plate, up to 12 lbs ( 5.4 kg)
The main differences between the Nomad LS and the retired Nomad LTZ are:
- Diamond shaped wing, to provide more lift to the hips and butt
- Zero lift baffle that prevents air from sitting at the top of the wing, but still allows air to travel to the pull dump
- Deluxe-style webbing harness is separate from the wing, and can be replaced if needed
- Includes the Adjustable Bungee System