Dive 1st Aid Sting Relief+ Kit

In Stock
With the potential of being stung or bitten on any given dive, this is a kit no dive bag should be without.

Dive 1st Aid Sting Relief+ Kit

Sting Relief+ Kit - Complete Package
Sting Relief+ Kit - Complete Package
  • Great way to be prepared for minor injuries
  • Immediate solutions for any marine life bite or sting
  • Contains commonly needed creams and ointments
  • Includes a water resistant clam shell case { 8.5 x 5 x 3 in | 21.5 x 12.7 x 7.62 cm }

With the potential of being stung or bitten on any given dive, this is a kit no dive bag should be without. The water resistant clam shell case is packed with everything you need to handle any injury resulting from a marine life bite or sting.

Included in this kit are band aids, gauze wraps, elastic wraps, forceps, scissors, gloves, instant hot packs, razors, sterile solution for irrigation, hydrocortisone cream, triple antibiotic ointment, and more. From neutralizing stings to cleaning and caring for wounds this kit has you covered.

More Information
Brand Dive 1st Aid
Weight 1.700000

Customer Reviews

Tek Tip Warning Image WARNING
Even though a marine life sting isn’t likely to kill humans, some people do have life threatening complications after being stung. If the victim is hypersensitive to the venom, they may develop signs of an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis shock which can result in severe symptoms or tissue necrosis. The Sting Relief+ Kit is solely for first aid relief of discomfort due to a marine life sting and is not a suitable treatment for allergic reaction and anaphylaxis shock.

Seriously, Do Not Pee On That...

There are a lot of unproven "home remedies" and plain misinformation floating around among divers on first aid treatments for marine life sting. A few of the sting treatment myths can actually be harmful. Some things the experts say NOT to try are ...

  • Baking soda (No)
  • Meat tenderizer (Nasty)
  • Urine (Gross, but hey... no judgement)
  • Alcohol (Nada)
  • Scraping out stingers (But picking out individually with tweezers is OK)
  • Rub with a towel (Really Bad)
  • Pressure bandage (Just Say No)

Rinsing with fresh water is a bad idea for coral and jellyfish stings as fresh water can cause any dormant nematocysts present in the wound to release more venom and make the situation go from bad to worse. For stings from creatures that inject venom such as Lionfish, rinsing with fresh water is harmless but probably not going to help much unless it's uncomfortably warm.

The usefulness of vinegar spray depends on the circumstances of the type of marine life venom. Vinegar may help for Fire Coral stings, but vinegar is of questionable benefit on most other common marine life stings. There is some research evidence that vinegar particularly for Man-o-War jellyfish stings may make the injury much worse.

For expert knowledge on how to treat various specific marine life stings, we suggest the Divers Alert Network article on recommended first aid for Hazardous Marine Life Envenomations. Once the first aid treatment is complete, a topical analgesic such as StingMaster can help manage the discomfort.