Apeks VX1 Pure Clear Mask
Apeks VX1 Pure Clear Mask
- Frameless lightweight, low volume mask which is easy to clear and equalize
- Iron free Pure Clear lens provides maximum optical clarity with no distortion
- Premium, surgical-grade solid black silicone for exceptional comfort and fit
- Incudes both a silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap, all in a reusable zipped protective case
- Fits standard to wide faces
The Apeks VX1 mask is lightweight, frameless, and features a surgical grade black silicone skirt for exceptional comfort and fit. Mask comes with an iron-free Pure Clear lens for maximum optical clarity. Supplied with both a comfortable silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap, all in a reusable zipped protective case.
- Frameless construction creates a lightweight, low volume mask which is easy to clear and equalize.
- Iron free Pure Clear lens provides maximum optical clarity with no distortion.
- Advanced skirt geometry is designed to minimize facial pressure points during long duration dives.
- Quick Release Buckles with stainless-steel rollers allow easy adjustment for the best fit, even while wearing dry gloves.
- Matte and gloss areas on the silicone skirt create a better seal and improve fit and comfort.
- Premium, surgical-grade solid black silicone.
- Includes both a comfortable silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap.
- Also includes quality reusable zipped protective case for storage.
This mask is not a "pool toy"; it is intended for use by SCUBA divers who are trained to make a proper water entry while protecting the mask and regulator with their hand. Improper handling or use may cause lenses to shatter upon impact.
Don't use toothpaste as an abrasive cleaner on modern dive masks, especially those masks that have optical quality ultra-clear glass lenses, vision correction lenses or 'optical coatings' on the lenses. You will either damage the lenses, or needlessly waste toothpaste since most modern toothpaste formulations are not at all abrasive. The same goes for using a lighter to 'burn' the lens to prepare a new mask. Dive Gear Express will not warranty masks that have been treated with abrasives or burned with lighters.
Most new dive masks do have mold release agents in the flexible skirt that during storage will migrate to the surface of the lens and cause fogging. These deposits can be safely removed with an extra application of a powerful surfactant like liquid dish soap, baby shampoo, SeaQuick or SeaDrops defog.