Divesoft DNA Oxygen Analyzer
The oxygen sensor is not included in the base price, but available as an option. The DNA uses any widely available R-22S or R-22D type sensor (3 pin Molex) such as the Divesoft 3001 (R-22S) or Analytical PSR-11-39-MD (R-22D).
† SAVE MONEY IF YOU OWN AN R-22D COMPATIBLE CCR- Following use in rebreathers, the R-22D type oxygen sensors can recycled in to the DNA analyzer instead of being discarded.
Divesoft DNA Oxygen Analyzer
- Intuitive to operate especially when used by entry level Nitrox divers
- Usage requires a connection to your smart phone via Bluetooth and Divesoft app.
- Offers Oxygen analysis with accuracy of +/-1%
- Compact as possible fitting into every diver's pocket even in its case
- Uses one included CR2450 coin size battery which is simple to replace, inexpensive and widely available.
A small & smart pocket Nitrox analyzer that offers simple Oxygen measurement. Analyzing is really easy and comfortable. Usage requires a connection to your smart phone via Bluetooth and Divesoft app. The DNA does not include the Oxygen sensor. The Oxygen sensor is purchased separately as the DNA can be used with any type R-22S or R-22D compatible oxygen sensor.
- The analyzer and its user interface were designed to be intuitive to operate especially when used by beginner divers.
- The DNA connects to your smart phone via Bluetooth.
- The DNA offers Oxygen analysis with accuracy of +/-1%.
- The DNA was designed to be as compact as possible fitting into every diver's pocket even in its case.
- The body is made out of anodized aluminium with TPU ends protecting the analyzer from rough handling.
- The battery and sensor can be easily replaced by the user by simply pulling the Analyzer apart.
- The analyzer uses one included CR2450 battery which is compact, simple to replace, inexpensive and widely available.
- The measuring is done in the Divesoft.app where the screen was designed to have large digits to be easy to read.
- The analyzer is calibrated in the App by 2 taps either with Air or 100% Oxygen.
- A flow limiter or QD LP hose can be connected to the DNA using a Divesoft hose.
- Comes in semi-hard zipper case for easy transporting and to protect your DNA analyzer from harsh field environments.
† The DNA can be used with any type R-22S (analyzer grade) or R-22D (diving grade) compatible oxygen sensor. The R-22D is a diving grade oxygen sensor is widely used in many brands of rebreathers. Best practice for use of oxygen sensors in rebreathers is they be replaced after one year of use due to current limiting concerns. However for the oxygen content analysis of sport Nitrox mixtures, the R-22D sensor is normally still valid for another two years. Thus, following use in rebreathers, the R-22D type oxygen sensor can then be recycled in to the DNA analyzer instead of being discarded.
Although tolerant of ordinary non-condensing humidity and water resistant, no analyzer is waterproof. Operation of any analyzer in boat spray, even brief immersion in water, or damp storage such as with wet dive gear may cause corrosion of the internal electronics or deposits on the face of the sensor. The result can be erratic operation such as error codes, battery warnings, or possibly inaccurate analysis readings without any indication of a fault. Always operate and store your analyzer in dry conditions, and if you suspect the analyzer has been exposed to wet conditions then discontinue use until the equipment has been serviced.
R-22 Oxygen Sensors - 'D' type vs 'S' type
The R-22 oxygen sensors are all characterized by the same physical dimensions, electrical characteristics and 3-pin Molex connector. The primary difference between the "S" type sensor and the "D" type sensor is the presence of a hydrophobic membrane on the face of the diving grade sensor. The membrane improves resistance to moisture, but slows the response of the sensor to changes in oxygen partial pressures by several seconds.
In practice, for use in diving gas analyzer applications the slightly slower response time of diving grade sensors is little consequence with the benefit being the design is more resistant to moisture found on the face of tank valves. If the diver or fill station operator fails to wipe or blow away any moisture present on the valve outlet, that moisture can enter the stream of gas being analyzed and affect the accuracy of the analysis.
Some prefer to use the D type sensors even in analyzers because of their resistance to moisture, others prefer the S type sensors for their slightly faster response time in analyzers - especially in frequent use applications.
Dive Gear Express offers both types:
- Analytical Industries brand ADI-PSR-11-39-MD (R-22D type diving grade)
- Analytical Industries brand ADI-PSR-11-39-MNB (R-22S type for analyzers only)
- Divesoft brand DS-3001 (R-22S type for analyzers only)
- Mares rEvo brand CR22D (R-22D type diving grade)
- Poseidon brand 6010-206 (R-22D type diving grade)