Apeks VX1 UV Protection Mask
Apeks VX1 UV Protection Mask
- Frameless lightweight, low volume mask which is easy to clear and equalize
- UV coating on iron free lens provides UV protection and optical clarity with no distortion
- Premium, surgical-grade solid black silicone for exceptional comfort and fit
- Incudes both a silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap, all in a reusable zipped protective case
- Fits standard to wide faces
The Apeks VX1 mask is lightweight, frameless, and features a surgical grade black silicone skirt for exceptional comfort and fit. Mask comes with UV reflective coating on an iron-free lens for optical clarity. The mask is available in a standard size skirt to fit medium to large size faces. Supplied with both a comfortable silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap, all in a reusable zipped protective case.
The UV coating option blocks ultraviolet (UV) radiation that has been linked to cataract formation and filters some of the blue light spectrum to provide a more soothing, comfortable viewing experience. From the point of view of others looking at the mask on the diver, they will see a reflection that shifts across the blue color portions of the spectrum depending on the viewing angle. However, looking from the divers point of view, the lens appear to be clear and visual perception benefits from the effect of the optical coating. However, as with all such light filtering coatings, the light-transmission properties are slightly reduced which means we don't recommend the UV coating for diving in low light conditions.
- Frameless construction creates a lightweight, low volume mask which is easy to clear and equalize.
- UV coating on iron free lens provides UV protection and optical clarity with no distortion.
- Advanced skirt geometry is designed to minimize facial pressure points during long duration dives.
- Quick Release Buckles with stainless-steel rollers allow easy adjustment for the best fit, even while wearing dry gloves.
- Matte and gloss areas on the silicone skirt create a better seal and improve fit and comfort.
- Premium, surgical-grade solid black silicone.
- Includes both a comfortable silicone mask strap and an additional neoprene strap.
- Also includes quality reusable zipped protective case for storage.
This mask is not a "pool toy"; it is intended for use by SCUBA divers who are trained to make a proper water entry while protecting the mask and regulator with their hand. Improper handling or use may cause lenses to shatter upon impact.
Don't use toothpaste as an abrasive cleaner on modern dive masks, especially those masks that have optical quality ultra-clear glass lenses, vision correction lenses or 'optical coatings' on the lenses. You will either damage the lenses, or needlessly waste toothpaste since most modern toothpaste formulations are not at all abrasive. The same goes for using a lighter to 'burn' the lens to prepare a new mask. Dive Gear Express will not warranty masks that have been treated with abrasives or burned with lighters.
Most new dive masks do have mold release agents in the flexible skirt that during storage will migrate to the surface of the lens and cause fogging. These deposits can be safely removed with an extra application of a powerful surfactant like liquid dish soap, baby shampoo, SeaQuick or SeaDrops defog.