LED Dive Lights
Diving LED Lights from DGX, Dive Rite and Light Monkey. Many of these lights can be used as backup and/or primary technical diving light and also as sport diving lights.
- DGX 300 Mini Light Kit$30.00
- DGX 600 TWIST Handheld Light$59.00
- DGX 800 Handheld Light$69.00
- Light Monkey 2W LED Backup LightSpecial Price $94.95 Regular Price $105.00
- Light Monkey 3W LED Backup LightSpecial Price $149.95 Regular Price $165.00
- Dive Rite CX1 Handheld Light Kit$159.00
- Light Monkey Handy Light v2.0$549.00
- Dive Rite HP50 Handheld Light$699.00
- Dive Rite HP50 Combo Pack$1,175.00
- Dive Rite HP50 Canister Light SystemAs low as $995.00
- Dive Rite EX35 Expedition Lighting SystemAs low as $1,200.00
- Light Monkey LED 12W LightAs low as $780.00
- Light Monkey 32 Watt Variable FocusAs low as $1,580.00
Canister vs Handheld Lights
Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher (about 500 BC), wrote "Nothing endures but change."
A new class of lower cost technical dive light has begun to supplant the corded light head and battery canister form factor of the past. LED technology has advanced to the point where inexpensive backup lights are as bright or brighter than previous generation primary lights, plus LED is dramatically more reliable and much lower power consumption. With advancement in rechargeable battery technologies even the form factor of the large canister is being questioned. Today this means the main operational difference between a backup and primary light is the burn time, with many divers forgoing the traditional canister primary and handheld backup in favor of multiple handheld primaries. However, for extreme environments that demand the maximum burn time with maximum lumen output the newest generation canister lights seem to still be the preferred choice of exploration divers.